|Language of manuscripts should be in English. The Editorial Board is willing to assist in improving and checking the English for grammar, spelling etc. |
Length of manuscripts can vary from very short to long, but must conform with the requirements for content.
Sections of manuscripts should ideally conform with these headings:
1. Title of paper no more than 12 words in length.
2. List of authors with forenames in full.
3. Organisation and/or postal address of each author.
4. Email address of each author.
5. Abstract of 200 and 600 words in length.
6. Introduction with the reasons for the study plus background material but excluding findings or conclusions. Background references should be given, including historical.
7. Methods with sufficient details to allow them to be repeated, plus references describing methods.
8. Observations & Results excluding text better presented in Discussion.
9. Discussion or Conclusions emphasising the significance of results in the context of other work with references.
10. Acknowledgements with the names of the individuals, together with their organisation, and which aspect they assisted with, for instance: laboratory work, fieldwork, tracking down references, comments on text, office support etc. Photographs which require permission to be reproduced to be acknowledged.
11. Reference List of ALL references given in the paper. References to be in English (list of all authors, full title of paper, year published, full unabbreviated title of journal/book, volume, page x to page y, publisher), and listed in alphabetical order and the language stated e.g. (in Russian).
12. Figures listed in the order in which they are to appear in the paper. The list to include all photographs, diagrams and tables. The description of each Figure to be given in the list, together with the identity of the photographer, e.g.: Fig.1 View of the terrace with the Yaroo gravels. (photographer: Ian Jones).
Colour photographs and diagrams are very welcome (JPEG, GIF, TIF). The Journal requires at least 4 photos suitable for attachment as 'thumbnail' size to the Abstract, to be included in the main paper at 'normal' size. Photos can be submitted as digital images taken with a digital camera, or as scanned images. Photos of the authors are especially welcome, but should be 'action' photos relevant to the paper (e.g. in the field or with equipment).
Manuscripts should be sent as an email attachment to the Chief Editor together with a message drawing attention to points of concern. The text should be a Word document in Arial 10 font and A4 format. All manuscripts submitted will be acknowledged within 7 days together with initial observations, including a statement of suitability or rejection. If suitable, the manuscript will be forwarded to the Editorial Board for refereeing and, where appropriate, to an external Referee whose identity will remain confidential. Normally, the decision of the Editorial Board should take no more than 10 days and the author notified. If positive, the Chief Editor shall convert the manuscript and photographs into a 'camera-ready' draft within a further 12 days. The author is expected to proof-read and approve the 'camera-ready' draft as quickly as possible for publication. Papers will be published on the Internet in Adobe Acrobat format.
Copyright of the papers and photos published in the World Placer Journal belongs to Eco-Minex International Co. Ltd., the publishers. All rights are reserved worldwide. Requests to republish articles or photos will be sympathetically considered. Authors do not need permission for their own articles and photos, but should notify the Chief Editor Robin Grayson in advance.